Linear Heat Detector
CONSPEC Linear Heat Detection (LHD)
The simple and proven technology of digital Linear Heat Detection (LHD) cable makes it a product of choice for difficult and challenging applications where other technologies struggle to work.
With its ease of installation and low maintenance, it also provides a cost-effective solution where project expenditure requires to be kept at a minimum.
The sensing cable is formed from a pair of twisted steel conductors each with temperature sensitive insulation and then an overall Nylon outer sleeve. When the temperature sensitive insulation reaches its predetermined alarm temperature, the two conductors short together providing the digital or switched signal.
The cable can be connected to any unit capable of monitoring a switched signal, i.e. conventional fire panel, addressable switch monitor unit or PLC.
- Simple digital switch operation
- Continuous sensing along the total length of the element
- Fixed alarm temperature operation
- Compatible with switch monitoring units and conventional alarm panels
- Suitable for use in hazardous areas using safety barriers
- Chemical & water resistant Rilson outer sleeve
- Rugged and durable construction
- Simple maintenance free installation
- Small diameter and bend radius
- FM Approved
- Conveyors / Bearing Protection
- Escalators, Moving Walkways
- Petro-chemical Storage Tanks, Rim Seal Protection
- Cable Tunnel / Tray Protection
- Road and Rail Tunnels
- Road and Rail Motor Compartments
- Electrical Switch Gear & Transformers
- Refrigerated Rooms and Cold Stores
- Building Exteriors Under Eaves
- Motor and Pump Overheat Detection
- Dirty and Dusty Environments
5000 Series Belt Line Heat Detection
Combustible materials such as coal being transported on conveyor systems have the potential to self-ignite. Early warning protection along a conveyor susceptible to conditions of excessive heat can avoid catastrophic fire damage and substantial consequential losses.
The 5000 Series includes a range of early warning infrared transit heat sensors designed to monitor and detect, in the presence of ambient light, ‘hot spots' and embers from materials such as coal, biomass or recycled waste being transported on conveyor systems. A Patol 5000 series single point IR sensor with a 90˚ field of view will monitor the full width of the conveyor and will detect and trigger at ‘hot spot’ temperatures as low as 100˚C at conveyor speeds travelling between 0.5 and 6 metres / second.Learn More