Linear Heat Detection Cable (LHD)
The simple and proven technology of digital Linear Heat Detection (LHD) cable, makes it a product of choice for difficult and challenging applications where other technologies struggle to work. With it's ease of installation and low maintenance it provides a cost effective solution where project expenditure requires to be kept at a minimum.
The sensing cable is formed from a pair of twisted steel conductors each with temperature sensitive insulation and then an overall outer sleeve. When the temperature sensitive insulation reaches its predetermined alarm temperature the two conductors short together providing the alarm signal. The cable can be connected to any unit capable of monitoring a switched or digital alarm signal (i.e. conventional fire panel, addressable switch monitor unit or PLC). The fire detection capability can be enhanced when the LHD is used in conjunction with the Digital Location Interface (DU).
LHD cable is classified as a "simple device" and so with the use of suitable Intrinsically Safe (IS) barriers to limit the energy to a safe level, it can be used in hazardous areas. The Linear Heat Detection cable can be cut to length as required and with its ease of installation and low maintenance it provides a cost effective solution where project expenditure requires to be kept at a minimum. The Linesense Linear Heat Detection cable has the widest range of Alarm temperatures 68°C to 240°C.
- Simple digital switch operation
- Continuous sensing along the total length of the element
- Fixed alarm temperature. Unaffected by changes in ambient temperature
- Compatible with switch monitoring units and conventional alarm panels
- Suitable for use in Hazardous areas using safety barriers
- UV resistant PVC outer sleeve
- Rugged and durable construction
- Simple maintenance free installation
- Small diameter and bend radius
- FM Approved